Sunday, July 31, 2011

La La Land

A close friend of mine got married last weekend in Southern California. I was fortunate to be able to travel to Los Angeles to spend some time with her and her family and attend the wedding as well as have a little vacation. This trip was much needed, for I have been very busy and I just needed some time away.


My friend's wedding was gorgeous. She put a lot of effort into making it her dream wedding and to make sure the guests enjoyed themselves. The wedding was in a quaint church in Orange County with the reception at an awesome venue down in the Newport area. I am truly happy for the bride and groom. They are one of those couple that are 100% made for each other.

Ceremony
Reception

After the wedding, I spent two days in Hollywood with a very close friend of mine from San Diego. We haven't been friends for very long but have a connection of life-long friends that I just don't find very often. We have a lot of the same views of life and have been through very similar circumstances. We spend the entire two days just talking, and some some sights here and there. We spent the afternoon at The Getty, ate at an awesome restaurant (Gladstone's) in the Pacific Palisades,  walked around Venice, got lost in downtown Los Angeles, and (of course) watched the painted California sunset.
The Getty

View of Century City from The Getty
Patio at Gladstone's
Venice Studio Shop
I had a phenomenal time. The weather was perfect, there was so much to do, and I had great company. I now understand why so many people choose So. Cal as their home and as with most of my trips, I want to go back.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a great time! I can't wait to visit when you move there....hehe. ;)

    ReplyDelete