Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I'd Settle for a Slow Down

The past twenty days have been somewhat of a whirlwind. I have been settling into my house, adapting to a roommate and two very charismatic puppies, having work proposals rain down from the heavens, planning an engagement party, and travelling back and forth to Virginia to help my mother clean up the house.

New Roommates

Roanoke Star

Needless to say, updating my blog has been far from my priorities. I have been pondering how people do it with a family; it's just me and it is so crazy! The past few weeks have been very trying for me, pushing me to my limits creativity, brain power, and sleep. I have found myself wondering if I am in the right business or if I am just frustrated with growing up. During my teenage years I always worked and I dreamt of having a "grownup job" so I could pay my bills, but now I just long to sleep in past 9 a.m. I'm wondering if I have reached burnout where I am.... but I will figure out in time.

Alas, the working part of my summer has now slowed down and I am looking forward to my trip out to Los Angeles. Even though I am heading for a friend's wedding, I will have plenty of down time to explore the City of Angels and it's surroundings, enjoy all the restaurants (I'm kind of a foodie), and soak up some sun on the beach! I am very excited for some time off and relaxation. 

That's my adventure right now.... hope to blog about some fun things rather than just updates in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment