Sunday, April 24, 2011

Thunder Over Louisville

Last weekend I went with some friends to Thunder Over Louisville (known by Kentuckians as “Thunder”). This is the kick-off of the Kentucky Derby Festival and is supposedly one of the best fireworks show in the United States; I, however, still have no clue. The weather in Kentucky recently has been stormy and this was the case over my trip to Louisville for Thunder.

Louisville's Riverfront

We still had fun, we went downtown for the festivities but the weather was prohibitive so we went back to the hotel and then out on the town for some drinks later. I had a blast, even though we didn’t see what we went for.

Thunder Fireworks 2010

Since last weekend, the weather here has been pretty stormy. We have had a storm about every other day and this weekend we’ve had one about every 5-6 hours with threats of tornadoes too. It has been interesting for me because I have a huge fear of tornadoes. I am ready for some springtime sun to say the least.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, i may be able to swim out of my house by Christmas.....Sunshine soon, it will come!

    ReplyDelete