Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Louisville in a Different Light

About a week ago I went to Louisville for the weekend. I stayed in Old Louisville, close to downtown and the University of Louisville campus.

Every time I go to Louisville in my free time, I see it in a different light. Each area is completely different from another and has a different feel to it. As a result, every time I go I leave feeling different about the city.

(Houses in Old Louisville)

(Row houses in Old Louisville)


I cannot say I left "loving" or "hating" Louisville because this last trip was strange. I spent the weekend meeting new people, trying new things, and being out of my comfort zone, but even a short time later I think I grew as a result of it. A mere nine days later I have a little bit of a different perspective about the life I have built for myself, my relationships (acquaintances, friendships, dating, etc), what I want out of life, and even self-reflection for how I evaluate (virtually) everything.

Sometimes it is nice to have that self perspective smack you in the face without even wanting it. It makes you appreciate yourself for what you are and all you've accomplished; it even helps you to relax a little and let things happen as they may.

No comments:

Post a Comment