Saturday, August 18, 2012

The Unexpected

Last month I traveled to Austin, Texas for a work training conference with the U.S. EPA. I had never traveled to Texas before and had many preconceived notions about the Lone Star State. What I experienced while I was there surprised me, a lot and in all honesty I may have fallen in love with the place.


Austin Skyline from Auditorium Shores Park


View of Lake Austin at the Hula Hut


Barton Springs

If you know me, I know you're thinking "You fall in love with every place you go", but this runs deep into many aspects of live in the city. The climate is warm and the attitude is very relaxed and beachy (even being 3+ hours from the coast). People are friendly and there is tons to do between the lakes and rivers in the area, the natural springs, the music scene and nightlife, the food trucks, and activities around the Texas state capital. Who knows, may one day I'll get to experience life there. =)



No comments:

Post a Comment