Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Back to the Blue Ridge

Recently I went back to the birthplace for the weekend. My favorite teacher from high school was retiring and there was a surprise gala in her honor. It was a great time for me to go back home and see old friends and my family. It had been almost 6 months since I had gone home.

View of the Blue Ridge Mountains
from here

I love having grown up in Roanoke, it is set amidst the Blue Ridge Mountains and while I would not like to return (at least until I am older), it is simply beautiful.

Things have been very busy lately and my mind has been turning a lot. I am in that “mid-twenty-something restless state”, where I know I am not where I want to be but majority of my circumstances make it difficult to leave. It’s tough knowing you want more and are ready for a change, but are weary of the ramifications. For now, my goal is to make a plan, and carry it out.

2 comments:

  1. I cant wait to go back and see those mountains! And i know what you mean about the restless state. Hang in there bro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOVA...NOVA...NOVA... ;) ;)

    ReplyDelete