Sunday, January 23, 2011

Snow and Sunshine

It's been a winter wonderland around here this week. I know most of my family and friends have been slammed with snow this year. Here in Kentucky, our seasonal snow accumulation has reached 21.7 inches (our annual average is 16 inches)... and we still have to get through February!!!

I generally do not appreciate the snow. I prefer flip flops, sunglasses, a blanket in the park, and soaking up the rays; but this past snowfall I have seen in a different light. It snowed Thursday during the evening commute, making it pretty interesting. Friday we woke to a snow covered world with sunshine to accompany it.  

(My snow-covered street)

With everything covered in snow and the roads pretty treacherous, I left the car at home and walked to work. I generally hoof it in the summertime and drive in the winter because of the cold temperatures. The walk Friday was gorgeous with a fair amount of snow on the ground and a nice bright sun on everything. It made the cold more bearable to have the sun out on your face even in 11 degrees. I usually just gripe and moan through winter, but I am enjoying this one.

Who knows, maybe we'll even reach 30 inches of snow by the end of March.

4 comments:

  1. Did you just jinx us into getting more snow? Take it back. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want snow so i can take photos of it! And in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, take it back NOW!! ;)

    Jamie :)

    ReplyDelete